This is for the intermediate/advanced shooter and is a live fire class. Take this class to learn the first steps in protecting yourself and your family with a firearm inside your home. Students should expect to shoot approximately 100-150 rounds of ammunition (ammunition not included). Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection In The Home handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, and course completion certificate. Students will learn:
- Safety review
- Defensive mental preparation
- Developing defensive shooting skills
- Strategies for home safety and defense
- Responding to a violent confrontation and the aftermath
- Firearms and the law
- Selecting a handgun, ammo and accessories for self-defense
- How to improve your defensive shooting skills without going to the range
This is an 8 hour class, approx. 6 hours on the classroom and 2 hours on the range.
- Massachusetts residents must have a valid LTC-A
- Must have your own firearm registered to you.
- Must be comfortable handling and shooting your firearm.
- Must provide proof of shooting experience (NRA Basic Pistol Certificate, NRA FIRST steps certificate, etc.)
This class is a prerequisite for the NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home class.