The only prerequisite for this class is proof of taking a safety class.
This 4 hour live-fire class is for the individual who has made the decision (or is in the process of deciding) to carry a firearm for personal and family protection. This can be a nervous first step for some especially transitioning from dry-fire drills in your living room to live fire on the range. Be rest assured that safety is our number one priority on the range and all our instructors have hundreds (if not thousands) of hours of training so you are in good hands. Egos are left at home as the only concern we have is providing good instruction in a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. The Patriot staff will guide you thru every step of the way.
You do need a firearm to take this class as we as a suitable holster that covers the trigger guard (If you do not have a firearm and holster please contact us to discuss arrangements and a rental fee for firearms, you can still take the class). If you own firearms but cannot bring them into Massachusetts please contact us and we can make arrangements.
What you will need to bring:
- Holster (must cover trigger guard)
- 350 rounds of ammo
- Range appropriate attire including eyes and ears
- Snack/drink if needed
- Willingness to learn
Topics we will cover:
- Gear and firearm review
- Your personal gear and carrying strategy
- Learn the steps of drawing and shooing (non-concealed-dryfire)
- Learn the steps of drawing and shooing (concealed-dryfire)
- Drawing and shooing (non-concealed-live fire)
- Drawing and shooing (concealed-live-fire)
- Defensive Shooting fundamentals
- The legal use of force
- Sighted fire vs unsighted fire